Upgrading rhel/centos from one minor version to other
Today we are going to learn how to upgrade from one rhel/centos minor version to other.
1. In this scenario, I’m taking a machine which is already installed with rhel 8.2 version and we will update it with rhel8.3. (make sure you have downloaded rhel 8.3 iso image)
2. Now connect RHEL 8.3 iso image to the system, if you are using a Virtual Machine, go to settings and change the cd/dvd source and connect rhel 8.3 iso image.
3. Next step is to create a dnf/yum repository with this image, let’s copy the entire DVD to system i.e., in /var/ftp/pub or any location of your choice.
4. Create a DNF/YUM repository config file in /etc/yum.repos.d folder as shown below
Note: If your system is registered to RHN, no need to create a manual DNF repository.
5. Clean the dnf cache and update info
6. It’s now time to update the system with new version
the whole process may take upto 15-20 minutes, meanwhile keep an eye on update.
7. Finally after update, check the version of RHEL/CENTOS and if require reboot the system.
Do comeback for more….!! Thank you